The 2019 MITO Apprentice of the Year awards are now open for entries.
The awards are split into two tiers depending on experience.
- Every entry will be displayed at the OFPANZ conference
- The winners of each tier receive $250. Sponsored by MITO.
The Apprentice of the Year is then determined between the tier one or tier two winners.
The Overall Apprentice of the Year receives:
- A further $500 Sponsored by MITO,
- An industrial Fabric Welding kit Sponsored by Carr New Zealand Ltd (valued over $1000)
- Flights to attend the OFPANZ Conference and Trade Displays in Napier Sponsored by W Wiggins Ltd.
- A Full delegate pass to conference sponsored by OFPANZ
- The OFPANZ Trophy to display for one year
- A framed Certificate
- A feature in the industry publication “The Cutting Edge.”
The winners will be announced at the OFPANZ Annual Awards Dinner.
Simply answer the questions in the form below and make sure you submit your fabricated product to the OFPANZ Executive Officer.
Please click on the link below to view the Tier One design for which you will be required to fabricate according to the following plan:
Apprentice of the Year Tier Two Design Specs:
- Your entry must be YOUR OWN design and ideally have commercial appeal.
- Your entry must use no more than 1.8sq metres (10% allowance) of outdoor fabric material (ie: canvas, PVC, vinyl, leather, shade cloth etc). Please note this does not include webbing, binding, velcro tape or zipping.
- The finished article must include, but not be limited to, at least three of the following – an eyelet, dome, buckle (metal or plastic), zip, hook and loop.
Judging for each level will be based on Appearance/Workmanship, Complexity, Design (and innovation for Tier 2), Follow Design Brief, Presentation to Judges. Entries must be sent to The Executive Officer no later than Friday 3rd May 2019.
Please read the instructions below very carefully and complete the form before submitting your project.
The Apprentice of the Year Awards are sponsored by MITO, WWiggins Ltd and Carr.