We are excited to share with you details about the programme for the 2017 Queenstown Conference taking place 25th to 27th May.
As you already know this year’s conference is a joint event between OFPANZ and STA as are Reaching New Heights Together.
The focus of the conference will be on technical, industry related and business topics which will be presented by local and international speakers and will include:
- case studies
- fabric construction sessions
- pre-stress tension
- design of footings
- forces on structures
- welding presentations
- business topics – such as social media, credit control etc
Of course we have not forgotten about including some time to wind down as well, so there will be plenty of opportunity in between all the business and technical sessions for networking, socialising and having some fun.
… and now here is a sneak peek of the programme:
Thursday 25th May
- 12pm to 4pm: Shotover Jet or winery tour (optional)
- 6pm to 8pm Welcome cocktail reception
Friday 26th May
- 8.00am Breakfast session with guest speaker Steve Gurney
- 9.00am to 4pm: sessions on international fabric trends, fabric construction, sewing techniques and welding
- 6.30pm onwards: theme dinner at Moonlight Country
Saturday 27th May
- 9am to 10am AGM for OFPANZ and STA members
- 10.00 am to 3.00pm start of technical sessions such as forces on structures, fabric selection, design of footings, cables and fittings, pre-stress and case studies … all running parallel with business topics and marine fabricator sessions.
- 3.00pm to 4.00pm all come together for a panel session on Growing the Industry for the Future
- 6.30pm to midnight Awards for Excellence dinner at the Skyline restaurant, 450 metres above Queenstown.
The conference will be taking place at the Rydges Hotel where special accommodation rates have been arranged for all delegates. To book your accommodation at the agreed rate starting from $153 per night please click here.
The full programme will be circulated shortly with full details on how to register online so keep an eye out on your emails so that you don’t miss out on the early bird rate which will save you more than 10% of the registration fee.
Queenstown will be the place to be between 25th and 27th of May. So, if you have not already booked your airfares and accommodation don’t delay, book today!